KEEWAYWIN AWARDS RECOGNIZELEADERSHIP & ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF NAN MEMBERS
CHAPLEAU CREE FIRST NATION (August 16, 2018): Nishnawbe Aski Nation (NAN) Grand Chief Alvin Fiddler, on behalf of the NAN Executive Council, congratulates recipients of the 2018 Keewaywin Awards for their outstanding accomplishments and contributions to our Nation.
“On behalf of the Chiefs and Councils of NAN I am honoured to congratulate this year’s Keewaywin Awards recipients for their outstanding achievements and commitment to improving the lives of our people and strengthening our communities,” said NAN Grand Chief Alvin Fiddler. “It is important that we recognize these exceptional individuals and celebrate their successes. Their leadership and accomplishments are an inspiration to us all.”
Award recipients include:
• Chief Marcia Brown Martel, Beaverhouse First Nation - Emile Nakigee Award for Outstanding Leadership
• Andrew Wesley, Fort Albany First Nation - NAN Elder Award
• Anita Nothing, Bearskin Lake First Nation - NAN Woman Award
• Tyra King, Pikangikum First Nation - NAN Youth Leadership/Community Involvement Award
• Anne Mac Dougall, Sachigo Lake First Nation - NAN Youth Academic Award
• Leonard Stephens, Chapleau Ojibwe First Nation - NAN Youth Athletic Award
• Nova Gull, Weenusk First Nation - NAN Youth Cultural Award
• Kathy Beardy, Sachigo Lake First Nation - NAN Staff Award
• Chapleau Cree First Nation - NAN Host Community Award
Recipients were honoured at a banquet last night during the XXXVII Keewaywin Conference, held August 14-16 in Chapleau Cree First Nation.
For more information please contact: Tamara Piché, Communications Officer – Nishnawbe Aski Nation (807) 625-4906 or cell (807) 621-5549 or by email email@example.com