KEEWAYWIN AWARDS RECOGNIZE ACCOMPLISHMENTS, LEADERSHIP OF NAN MEMBERS
LAC SEUL FIRST NATION (August 9, 2017): Nishnawbe Aski Nation (NAN) Grand Chief Alvin Fiddler, on behalf of the NAN Executive Council, congratulates recipients of the 2017 Keewaywin Awards for their outstanding accomplishments and contributions to our Nation.
“On behalf of the Chiefs and Councils of NAN I am honoured to congratulate this year’s award recipients for their outstanding achievements and commitment to improving the lives of others,” said NAN Grand Chief Alvin Fiddler. “Their accomplishments are the result of hard work and dedication, and the leadership they demonstrate on a daily basis is an inspiration to us all.”
Recipients were honoured at a banquet this evening during the XXXVI Keewaywin Conference, held August 8-10 in Lac Seul First Nation.
Award recipients include:
- Emile Nakigee Award for Outstanding Leadership - Sheperd Wynne, Kashechewan First Nation
- NAN Elder Award - Abe Kakepetum, Keewaywin First Nation
- NAN Woman Award - Sheba Fox, Bearskin Lake First Nation
- NAN Youth Leadership/Community Involvement Award - Latoya Pemmican, Deer Lake First Nation
- NAN Youth Academic Award - Noah Kakekaspan, Fort Severn First Nation, and Riley Yesno, Eabametoong First Nation
- NAN Youth Athletic Award - Keelan Meekis, Deer Lake First Nation
- NAN Youth Cultural Award - Matilda Suqanaqueb, Webequie First Nation
- NAN Staff Award - Melinda Meekis, Sachigo Lake First Nation
- NAN Host Community Award - Lac Seul First Nation
For more information please contact: Tamara Piché, Communications Officer – Nishnawbe Aski Nation (807) 625-4906 or cell (807) 621-5549 or by email nan%23on%23ca|tpiche