CANDIDATES FOR THE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL OF NISHNAWBE ASKI NATION ANNOUNCED
THUNDER BAY (July 16, 2018): Nishnawbe Aski Nation (NAN) Chief Electoral Officer Jocelyn Formsma has received and verified the nominations for the following persons for the position of Grand Chief (1) and Deputy Grand Chief (3) for the 2018 election for the NAN Executive Council.
Candidates for Grand Chief:
- Alvin Fiddler, Muskrat Dam First Nation
- Rosemary McKay, Bearskin Lake First Nation
Candidates for Deputy Grand Chief:
- Andrew Solomon, Fort Albany First Nation
- Anna Betty Achneepineskum, Marten Falls First Nation
- Bobby Narcisse, Aroland First Nation
- Derek Fox, Bearskin Lake First Nation
- Jason Smallboy, Moose Cree First Nation
- Lorraine Crane, Slate Falls First Nation
- Randall Crowe, Deer Lake First Nation
- Walter Naveau, Mattagami First Nation
Chiefs from NAN’s 49 First Nation communities will vote on Wednesday, August 15 during the XXXVII Keewaywin Conference to be held August 14, 15 & 16, 2018 in the traditional territory of Chapleau Cree First Nation.
The official campaign period runs from July 16 until August 14, 2018, at 11:59 p.m.
Information on the election process and the NAN Election Code is available on the NAN Election website: www.nanelection.ca. The election will be livestreamed.
Please Note: Campaign information provided by candidates will be posted on the NAN Election website. Media must contact candidates directly to arrange interviews as NAN policy does not allow staff to assist candidates in their campaign work.
For more information about the election please contact: Jocelyn Formsma, Chief Electoral Officer – Phone: (613) 864-7033, Fax: (807) 625-4649 or Email: gmail%23com|NANElectoralOfficer2018
For more information about Nishnawbe Aski Nation please contact: Michael Heintzman, Director of Communications – Phone: (807) 625-4965 or (807) 621-2790 (mobile) or Email: nan%23on%23ca|mheintzman