Request for Proposals, Expression of Interest and Tender Information
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
NAN Corporate Services is seeking a vendor that will coordinate the development and implementation of community participatory research in collaboration with the project management team and Local Food Developers (LFD) in four NAN communities as part of a three year project funded by the Indigenous Local Poverty Reduction Fund. The Vendor will be expected to work from the Thunder Bay area, to be available during normal business hours, and to travel to remote Northern First Nation communities.
The vendor will:
- Assess and coordinate the development of local food self-determination opportunities and priorities of the NAN Food Strategy Pillars, specifically in the areas of imported foods, traditional foods and local food production.
- Collaboratively design and facilitate workshops/trainings on diverse topics related to community-based and Indigenous research and evaluation methods, local food system development, and Indigenous food systems.
- Assist in collaborative design of community-based research tools (e.g. surveys, work sheets, workshops, curricula).
- Assist in aggregation and collaborative analysis of primary research data emerging from multiple community processes
- Provide secondary research in topics related to Indigenous food self-determination
- Coordinate the development of four (4) community food systems plans in consultation with communities.
- Assist in the development and establishment of a community food circle in each of four (4) remote NAN communities, including elder and youth participation.
All proposals should contain the following information:
- Outlining the understanding of project objectives and requirements and a statement of participation interest from the proponent.
Background and Overview:
- Name and contact information for the Consultant or Consulting firm, Project lead and any other Internal Resources to be used in this project;
- A brief overview of the Consultant or Consulting Firm;
- A description of up to three (3) relevant current or past projects, programs, research or plans the Proponent has undertaken, including references
Work Plan and Budget:
- A detailed annual work plan including a description of how the proponent would undertake all the required components;
- A description of the role of all project team members;
- A total budget based on a maximum annual budget, including out of pocket expenses.
The response to the RFP should not exceed 10 pages. CVs are additional to this maximum, and should not exceed 2 pages for each individual member of the team. While this opportunity is open to any organization who may be interested in applying, note that the successful proponent will not necessarily be a corporate entity. We welcome applications from individuals and teams alike.
The term of this contract will be from the agreed start date until March 31, 2018. This contract may be subject to renewal.
Deadline for Proposals
The deadline for submissions is 12:00pm EST, December 21, 2017.
Questions and Inquiries
For information regarding this RFP, please contract Wendy Trylinski, Director of Public Health Education, at (807) 623-8228.
Submissions by MAIL, FAX, EMAIL or IN-PERSON may be addressed to:
Ian Beardy, HR Coordinator
710 Victoria Avenue East, 3rd Floor
Thunder Bay, ON P7C 5P7