More legal challenges by St. Anne's Survivors will be heard this month in the Superior Court of Justice.
Notice of Next Public Proceeding
Date: September 22, 2017
Time: Please arrive by 9 a.m.
Location: Ontario Superior Court of Justice
130 Queen Street West
All support is welcome. Please attend and ask family/friends to attend this hearing in Toronto.
About St. Anne’s Survivors: IAP Process & Metatawabin Court Proceedings
The Government of Canada is challenging the “standing” of St. Anne’s Indian Residential School Survivor Edmund Metatawabin and Claimant K-10106 to bring these issues to the Court.
The federal government is also challenging whether the Court has the power to force the federal government to do anything for breach of the settlement agreement.
Legal Documents on Public Record
- Fresh Amended Request for Directions of Metatawabin and Claimant K-10106
- Affidavit of Edmund Metatawabin sworn August 26, 2013
- Affidavit of Deputy Grand Chief Rebecca Friday of Mushkegowuk Council sworn February 24, 2016
- Affidavit of Edmund Metatawabin sworn February 29, 2016
- Supplementary Affidavit of Edmund Metatawabin sworn April 26, 2016
- Factum of Metatawabin and Claimant K-101016 dated February 21, 2017
- Factum of Government of Canada dated March 6, 2017
- Factum of Nelligan O’Brien Payne dated March 6, 2017
- Reply Factum of Metatawabin and Claimant K-10106 dated March 13, 2017
- Factum of the Appellants dated September 1, 2017 NEW
- Letter Requesting Adjournment to B. Gover dated September 8, 2017 NEW
Michael Heintzman, Director of Communications – Nishnawbe Aski Nation (807) 625-4965, cell (807) 621-2790 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of Charlie Angus, MP (Timmins-James Bay) – 613-762-9617 or email@example.com